We’re looking for a Design Director to lead our core design team, as well as our ever-growing roster of external partners and creative collaborators. You’ll work closely with our creative directors to not only drive the creative execution of our design projects, but help shape the research and strategy behind it too.
Day to day, you will:
– lead the design team, providing creative direction and close mentorship
– act as both a collaborator and liaison with our creative directors
– help shape and evolve our design practices and processes at WE
– manage and plan complex, multi-faceted projects from concept to production
– present strategic insights and creative work to clients
– shepherd the WE brand, ensuring all work aligns with our standards and vision
What you bring to the team:
– 6-10 years experience in graphic design, branding, and working in a design studio
– hands-on experience translating strategic thinking into real-world ideas
– a wide frame of reference spanning design, culture, technology and beyond
– strong leadership and confidence in your ideas—we’re always looking to improve our approach
– thoughtfulness and emotional intelligence—after all, we design for people and experience
Please email your resume, your body of work via link or attachment, and a cover letter telling us why you’re the best fit for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please limit email size to 5 MB—no need to break the internet over this application.)
Whitman Emorson is a Toronto-based design, strategy and communications studio located in the heart of Sterling Road.
We believe in the power of design to solve complex problems and to inspire meaningful creative work. We work with clients across industries and sectors, including Allied Properties, H&M, B Yoga, the University of Toronto and more.